
While the girls went to spend the week in Iowa with the Grandparents, I had my first visitors to Kentucky! Uncle Reid and Auntie Hilarye came for a weekend visit and we set out to explore a bit of our new state. We made our way to Louisville to experience two Kentucky musts; Churchill Downs and famous Hot Browns! We went to Churchill Downs and found that it was a racing day. Hilarye and I spent the four dollars cash I had in my purse and we won a whole 60 cents!
We next made our way across town to have a famous "Hot Brown" (see Hilarye's blog, "www.dottingthemap.com"). Because it was so amazing we decided end the meal with some Derbie Pie. It was way too yummy!
Our second visitor came around Labor Day, and once again we went out to explore Kentucky! This time we stayed a little closer to home and visited Fort Boonesborough. It is a historical state park where you can see people living and working as in days of old. We learned a lot about Kentucky and Daniel Boone including that the movie Last of the Mohicans was based off a story about Daniel Boone's daughter and her friend, go Kentucky!
Grandma Sue and the girls.
Dave explaining how people got water from a well.
Morgan looking at sunflower seeds.
Abbie grinding corn.
Dave and Abbie watching how people prepared deer hides for tanning.
I'm pretty sure it isn't classified as winning 60 cents. You lost $3.40.
ReplyDeleteOk, now that I know the story I'm pretty sure Reid is right! IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU UPDATE!! Happy happy to see all the cute pictures!!
ReplyDelete